Alisson, Oblak and Ederson lead nominees for inaugural Trophee Yachine
(goal.com) - The 10-name list for the brand new award was announced by France Football on Monday
Alisson, Jan Oblak and Ederson are among the nominees for the inaugural Trophee Yachine, a new goalkeeper award introduced by France Football, organisers of the Ballon d'Or.
Despite the creation of this award, nominees remain eligible for the main Ballon d'Or prize, with Lloris, Alisson and Ter Stegen on that shortlist.
France Football confirmed the introduction of the new award last month. It is named after former goalkeeper Lev Yashin, who played for the Soviet Union between 1954 and 1967, and is the only goalkeeper to have won the Ballon d’Or, in 1963.
This year's Ballon d’Or will be the 64th in the history of the prestigious award, which was first given to Sir Stanley Matthews in 1956.
The Ballon d'Or also served as the FIFA Player of the Year award from 2010 to 2015 but was then replaced by the governing body's The Best awards in 2016.
In 2018, the Women's Ballon d'Or was awarded for the first time along with the Kopa Trophy, awarded to the best performing player under the age of 21.
The winners of all four awards will be announced at the Ballon d'Or ceremony at the Theatre du Chatelet in Paris on Monday, December 2.
Full list of nominees:
- Alisson (Liverpool/Brazil)
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich/Germany)
- Ederson (Manchester City/Brazil)
- Andre Onana (Ajax/Cameroon)
- Wojciech Szczesny (Juventus/Poland)
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid/Slovenia)
- Kepa Arrizabalaga (Chelsea/Spain)
- Samir Handanovic (Inter Milan/Slovenia)
- Hugo Lloris (Tottenham/France)
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona/Germany)